2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 9:45 AM by jstanley

EPO orchestrator 4.6 and Hotfixes

We decided to  add a hotfix 625756 in every viruscan 8.8 patch 1 and the way we are usually working is

to distribute this hotfix by our distribution tools : SCCM or Landesk

the problem is : i installed the hotfix in the epo orchestrator 4.6 and now, when someone has a fresh installation

of Viruscan 8.8 patch 1. The hotfix is installed not by our distribution tool but by the EPO (we got a message which explain

it installs the hotfix).

How can i avoid this ? do i have to suppress the hotfix from the EPO Orchestrator ? is there a flag to activate or disactivate ?

Thank you

Regards

Francky

• 1. Re: EPO orchestrator 4.6 and Hotfixes
          hem

You need to uncheck VSE 8.8 from the Product update task so that VSE 8.8 patches/hotfixes will not be deployed to the client machine.

• 2. Re: EPO orchestrator 4.6 and Hotfixes
            jstanley

Thier are actually several ways this can happen. Please see KB57905. The easiest way to prevent this is to check the patch into the evaluation branch and don't put it in the current branch until you are ready for a broad deployment.

I should mention that KB needs to be updated as thier is another scenario where this can happen. Anytime a client completes a deployment task which actually installs a product it will trigger a on-click update and a one-click update will apply any update it finds in the repository for any product currently installed.