1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2008 6:00 PM by Grif

VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 no automatic scan or update possible

Hi, folks!

I'm sorry, this is not about virusscan 13 but virusscan enterprise 8.5 (the latest). I didn't find a better place to post. It would be very kind if you could help me nevertheless. Thanks!

I’ve been using VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 for a while now. In the beginning I used to be able to do automatic scans and updates in the night. Then I reinstalled my computer and suddenly the automatic scans were not possible anymore. The scheduled scans get an error message (in German it’s “Prüfung fehlgeschlagen”) that the scan failed. I followed my intuition and deinstalled spybot and company, reinstalled VSE. No success.

Could anyone of you please help me? That would be great!

Best Regards,

Alexander

PS: I contacted mcafee support, but they want some service grant number that I don’t have. And the University that gives me the campus license did not respond at all…

Moved to Desktop & Server for better support - MOD
        • 1. RE: VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 no automatic scan or update possible
          Many of the original problems with VS 8.5i were fixed with the various patches.. We're currently on Patch #7 for VS 8.5i.. The support folks are exactly right.. You have a corporate Enterprise version of McAfee and in order to get support you either need to corporate grant number, which will allow you to download those patches, OR... you need to contact the system admin at the university where you received the program.. The university is the organization that will give you your support credentials.. They may also have the most recent patch.

Of course, if you already have the original VS 8.5i installer file PLUS the Patch installer, then you could easily attempt a full/complete uninstall of the program, then reinstall using the manual uninstall instructions in the link below:

Manual Uninstall Of Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5i
          https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB50602

Hope this helps.

Grif