3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 10:44 AM by sfyfe

Local Machine ID different to Dabase Machine ID

I have a client that shows a machine ID of 00000c, on the database the machine ID for that client is 000005. The client is unable to synchronise with the database. Is it possible to resolve this without using the WinTech Cd?

• 1. Re: Local Machine ID different to Dabase Machine ID
          rbdudani

Are you sure that is correct ID ?

Which machine is is showing when you enter Machine recovery code on EEM ?

What does sbclientlog says ?

• 2. Re: Local Machine ID different to Dabase Machine ID

I guess the machine registered twice - 0000000c is probably the correct ID, since it's later than 00000005 in the DB (id's never go backwards, well, without significant tinkering anyway).

Perhaps someone deleted the wrong machine out of the DB (check the recycle bin) - you can proove this by looking in the db itself under 2/0/c - if the folder is 0000000c.wpe, then you know someone deleted it.

No, without recovering the 0000000c object, there is no way to get it to sync again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Local Machine ID different to Dabase Machine ID

Thanks, your assumption was correct. Found the folder 000000c.wpe but the recycle bin had also been emptied so no chance of recovering it. Created a SafeDisk and managed to get the hard drive unencrypted though it took the best part of 4 days to do it!

I was surprised how easy it was to use the recovery disk. Comforting to know in future.

Message was edited by: sfyfe on 17/01/12 10:43:44 CST

Message was edited by: sfyfe on 17/01/12 10:44:18 CST