The security suite should work on Dell or Acer or any other PC. Can you attach a screenshot and also attach a screenshot from your Acer notebook.
Can you make sure that the internet connection on the Acer notebook works fine.
If there are no issues with your internet connection, can you please try contacting support on this. They should be able to help you with the install.
Can you additionally let us know the
1. Windows version and SP you are on
2. The McAfee software you are trying to install.
1. I have Windows 7 starter (on the acer notebook)
2. McAfee Virus Scan Plus
Please try the below steps and retry installation ;
- Check for third party security software program as well as older version of
- Check for remnants of other third party security software program as well under
- C:\program files\common files
- C:\Documents & settings\all users\Application data
- Run MCPR Tool from here http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and restart the PC
- While the PC restarts tap the F8 key on the keyboard
- From the Advanced boot options menu, select Safe mode with networking and press enter (Pls note that mouse wouldn’t work in this mode)
- Run McAfee preinstall tool from here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe
- Logon to your McAfee account from http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and retry installation
Did it helped?