5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 1:41 PM by Dinz

McAfee AV Plus 2012 caused me to lose internet

Hey

I am hoping someone can help me here, I installed McAfee AV Plus 2012 and during the process lost the ability to connect to the internet.

My connection is fine I am just unable to connect with this PC.

Customer support told me it wasn't a McAfee issue but it has to be it happened while installing the software.

I hope someone can help me with this because  I really don't know what else to do.

I am sure if someone is willing they will need more info just tell me what you need and I will post it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: McAfee AV Plus 2012 caused me to lose internet
          Dinz

Hi there,

Kindly navigate through Security center and check the below ;

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
          2. Select the Web and Email Protection drawer.
          3. Click the Firewall Link.
          4. Select the Program Permissions drawer.
            NOTE: 2011 customers will open the Internet Connections for Programs drawer.
          5. Check if Internet explorer is listed here with Full access !!!!

If you still have issue, Click the Firewall Link and click on Turn OFF and check the status .

Regards,

• 2. Re: McAfee AV Plus 2012 caused me to lose internet

Hey Dinz,

I appreciate the reply, Internet explorer is listed with full access.

Also turned off the firewall and that didn't work either.

anyone have any other ideas, they would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3. Re: McAfee AV Plus 2012 caused me to lose internet
              Dinz

The last resort to isolate the problem would be through logging into safe mode with networking . It’s a diagnostic mode in which most antivirus software would be disabled .

Please restart the PC and start tapping the F8 key while the PC start

From the advanced boot options select, safe mode with networking and press enter (Your mouse won’t work so use the Key board arrows)

From the desktop, try to open Internet explorer – If you are still unable to access Internet , kindly get in touch with your internet service provider .

If you are able to go online, then please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click Technical support,  Our Online technicians should be able to find  the conflict and get it fixed up for you.

Thanks,

• 4. Re: McAfee AV Plus 2012 caused me to lose internet

Hey,

Tried that already, no go on the safemode.

Contacted my isp and they said it is a CPU issue that they can't help me with.

They ran me through some troubleshooting and basically my cpu has a connection but there is something preventing my CPU from communicating with the internet.

Thanks for the help though

• 5. Re: McAfee AV Plus 2012 caused me to lose internet
                  Dinz

Thanks for keeping us posted ,Hope you get the issue sorted out with the CPU team soon