5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 4:16 PM by RaviShankar

McAfee - Server error in '/MC/VS521' Application.

I have been getting strange errors on all the 22 computers that I have the McAfee SaaS installed on. The machines refuse to update and even the manual update fails to do anything except, brings up this boxUntitled.png

All the computers on my account have stopped getting the DATs from 29th Dec 2011. I have tried pinging the download.mcafee.com server just to check if things are good and I do get a reply from the Akamai servers. I beleive something is wrong with the server configuration. Please help resolve this as some of the computers are not in my reach and the users have no idea of reinstalling/uninstalling any applications.

One more thing is that whenever a new install happens,the security center doesnot report the complete information. Even though the new computer has all the latest DATs and all services functioning properly, it stil shows the specified computer with a red font and marks it as outdated plus the column in the DAT version stays blank. This is confusing and really irritating.

Thank you

Sameer

• 1. Re: McAfee - Server error in '/MC/VS521' Application.
          RaviShankar

Hello Sameer,

McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection will get the updates from vs.mcafeeasap.com.

I would request you to check the connectivity from your client to theupdate server.

Pingvs.mcafeeasap.com and check the results.

Please let me know whether you have all the computers connected with the proxy. If yes, please create exceptions to allow www.mcafeeasap.com(Centralized web based management) and vs.mcafeeasap.com(update server) to make sure that client computers are receiving updates from the update server and sending the reports to network operations center.

Please let me know the status and I will help you further.

Regards,

Ravi Shankar. R

• 2. Re: McAfee - Server error in '/MC/VS521' Application.

Hello Ravi,

I tried pinging vs.mcafeeasap.com and I get replies without any lost packets.. No proxies are being uses. Broadband works flawlessly everywhere. Its certainly a server update cranking up everything. Please take a look at this pic. The computers are connecting and communicating with Security center but are not getting updates and when a manual update is forced, I get the eroor which I sent you earlier.

Untitled.png

• 3. Re: McAfee - Server error in '/MC/VS521' Application.
              RaviShankar

Hello Sameer,

I have sent you a private message asking for the call back details. Please do reply for that private message and we will make sure that your questions will be answered shortly.

Regards,

Ravi Shankar. R

• 4. Re: McAfee - Server error in '/MC/VS521' Application.

Hello Ravi,

I apologize for the delayed response as I have been very busy. Well, funnily and weirdly, the issue seemed to have resolved itself and I think thats because of the Patch 4 deployment. Is there a way you could please provide me a copy of release notes of SaaS 5.2.4 ? or roughly Patch 4 for the said product ?

Many thanks and i appreciate it !

Sameer

• 5. Re: McAfee - Server error in '/MC/VS521' Application.
                  RaviShankar

Hello Sameer,

Its good to see that your issue has been resolved. The tentative date for the release notes to be available is by the first week of March 2012. If we get any sooner, we will certainly keep you updated.

Regards,

Ravi