1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2012 12:49 PM by donkey

mchost application error

donkey

HI,

I have a problem for some days. After I start Windows, the following error is occur (not all, but in most case):

"mchost.exe - Application error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x1005f522."

If I click Ok, then after about 5 sec the same error message appears.

I have this only one of my computers, my notebook is good. I removed the Total Protection and reinstalled, but it has reappeared.

Do you have any idea what can cause this?

McAfee Total Protection (fully updated), Windows XP 32bit SP3 (updated),

2 GB RAM + 2 GB virtual memory, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping3 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

The latest McAfee Virtual Technician states that everithing is OK...

Thanks,

DonKey

• 1. Re: mchost application error

Hi donkey,

I have exact the same annoying message on my PC too. If I click it away it pops right up after a few seconds again. And it's in front of all other screens!

I have this since a few days and I have nothing installed these days, only 2 updates from Micrososft itself . I would be very glad if somenone can help me get rid of this!

(Also Windows XP SP3 / McAfee Antivirus Plus)

peekaa

Message was edited by: peekaa on 12/31/11 1:21:29 PM CST
          • 2. Re: mchost application error

Hello, I have the same problem, mchost.exe, has produced the unexpected exception of the program (0x0000417) ...... etc

It all started when Mcafee Antivirus Plus upgrade to 2012. I give it to close or accept or cancel and out again.

As this happens, I can not open the antivirus from any direct access or running as administrator.

And when I get Acedo, stops dialing error.

I need help with this annoying problem, and desistalado McAfee and reinstalled and get the same error.

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: mchost application error

Hello, i have same problem, mchost.exe, Error 0xc000041 , location 0x1005f522

I removed the Total Protection, cleaned registry, and reinstalled, but it has reappeared.

The latest McAfee Virtual Technician states that everithing is OK

OS XP 32 bit / SP3 / CPU 4x 2.4 GHz / Ram 3 Go

Thanks for all help

• 4. Re: mchost application error

I too have the same issues.  Virtual Technician shows no issues.  just like doublev, i uninstalled then reinstalled and everything was fine up until the auto-updater ran and updated the program... not it is broke again.  frequently and annoyingly i get the mchost.exe errors popping up and if i try to manually update the total protection suite i get a different synchronization applicatoin error to pop up on that then it tells me it is all the way up to date....  This is quite annoying and if anyone has found a fix for this i would love it for you to share your thoughts/ideas on it.  Thanks!

• 5. Re: mchost application error

Hiya same problem here, have attempted to debug but annoying message still there,

Mchost.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x1005f522.

If memory serves right, got a message to state a restart was required after the McAfee software updated, did not restart until it went on standby and then next day when i woke PC i did a restart, ever since that message appeared. Any help would be appreciated as nothing i can think of can fix it.

• 6. Re: mchost application error

HI !

I've the same exactly problem...

Please anyone can we help ?

BYE

THX

• 7. Re: mchost application error

Just wanted to let everyone know I resolved the issue after spending a couple hours on the phone/chat wtih tech support.... they had no clue so I removed their piece of sh*t software and chose a different product.  I suggest you all do the same.

• 8. Re: mchost application error
                        Dinz

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with regards to the error, In order to get this narrowed down ,  Can anyone post a  screen shot of the error message and also all please let us know the below information ;

McAfee Security center

Version :

Build :

Affid:

Operating system :

Regards,

• 9. Re: mchost application error

Hiya, here is a screenshot of the error. I will reply with information via email if thats ok Dinish K?

mchost.JPG

1 2 3 Previous Next