1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2012 7:32 AM by Dinz

activation not possibe

Hi,

A while ago my Toshiba laptop (Windows XP), running on McAfee Internet Security, caught a virus.  The hard drive had to be erased and all software had to be reloaded, including McAfee.  It asked me to buy another license which I did, but it refused my activation attempts. It ran for a while after I removed it and re-installed it. Since yesterday, there is the request to activate again which I tried without success.  My subscription will expire in 2014. I don't want to re-install the software again and pay for another license again. What can I do?

• 1. Re: activation not possibe
          Dinz

Hi there,

With the email address you have registered with the board, we found that you have a valid subscription for McAfee Internet Security till 2014 , kindly run the Subscription repair tool with the instructions here and that should take care of updating your subscriptions to your PC .

Step 1 - Disable Access Protection

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
          2. Click Navigation.
          3. Select About. Note the name of your product suite (for example, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Anti-Virus Plus).
          4. Click the X to close the About window.
          5. Select General Settings and Alerts.
          6. Open the Access Protection drawer.
          7. Deselect the option Use Access Protection.

Step 2 - Rename current data files

1. Navigate to the appropriate location below, right-click the McSubDB.bak file (if it exists), select Rename, and name the file McSubDB.OLD:
            • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC\Cache

2. Navigate to the appropriate location below, right-click the McSubDB.dat file (if it exists), select Rename, and name the file McSubDB.OLD:
            • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC

3. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
          4. Select Verify Subscription

Step 3 - Run the Subscription Repair tool

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to: http://us.mcafee.com/apps/mdm/en-us/mcsubdbrepair.asp
          2. Click Download.
          3. Save the file to your desktop. 
          4. Double-click SubDBFix.exe (for Windows 7 or Vista, right-click the file and select Run as Administrator).
          5. When requested, enter your McAfee account credentials
          6. Select the product suite installed on your computer.

choosesub.jpg

After the process, completes restart your PC and check for updates in McAfee security center .

Regards,