2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 10:56 AM by hem

Machine not appearing....?

czql5v

Hi All,

We have a problem with a few machines which "hang-off" a Super Agent on a satalite site. Around 10 machines out of 50 do not appear as Managed or Unmanaged in EPO, I have managed to update the Agent 4.5 manually but I still cant get the machines to appear in EPO. The connection is fine as most of the machines are picking up updates from the Super Agent ok, I know that the connection back to the main EPO server is ok as its pingable etc, etc.

Also they do not appear in lost and found......

Does anyone have any idea how i can get these machines to appear in EPO so that they are able to pickup the policies.

Regards.

Flinty,.

Message was edited by: czql5v on 12/30/11 9:02:09 AM CST
        • 1. Re: Machine not appearing....?
          jstanley

Take a look at the agent log on the client and see if you can spot the communications issue. The agent log will be located in one of two places depending on the OS:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\agent_<machine name>.log
          • C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\agent_<machine name>.log

Once you open the log go to the bottom and search upwards for "ASCI". You should be able to see where an agent-to-server communication session started. Then scroll down from that point and see what the error is. You can post the log if you like and someone here should be able to help you out.

• 2. Re: Machine not appearing....?
            hem

Are the machines imaged machine? Is the machine communicating to the ePO server when you initiate ASCI (CmdAgent.exe /s) from the client machine? Are machine communicates when you reset the Agent GUID (KB#:KB56086)?