1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 7:26 AM by JaiPrakash

Windows 7 64 bit and Anti-theft - big problem!

I have just downloaded the McAfee offer of Total Protection 2012 at £29.99 in the UK.  However as soon as I try to run the setup it tells me that the inbuilt functionality for anti-theft isnt compatible with 64 bit W7! where did it say that when I was buying it?!

I currently have a product that will not download at all as this message comes up at the very first set up window after running the .exe file.

Surely this cant be correct? the screens I went through purchasing this offer clearly had a logo stating that what I was buying was 'compatible with Window 7'.

I ran the virtual technician but that said it couldnt find any McAfee products whcih makes sense as I cant run it!

Gerry

• 1. Re: Windows 7 64 bit and Anti-theft - big problem!
          JaiPrakash

Hi gerryb,

Please save the setup file on desktop

Right click on it and select properties

From here select the compatibility tab

Select the most appropriate option from here and click on Apply and Ok (Refer below )

Compatibility option.JPG

Then retry installation , if you encounter the same issues , please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical support for our chat technicians are standby 247 to help you with any issues .

Thanks,