8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 4:09 PM by Peacekeeper

ITman

I have Mcafee Internet Security. When I do a scan. The scan report comes clean . But when I click on report I notice it says Trojan Detected 1. I tried to locate it could not find any details in Logfiles. I also went to Navigation and Trusted Items . Could not Locate details. I also went to c:\programdata\Mcafee\virusscan and went to quantine folder. Deleted all the quantined items. Did a full scan in safe mode and normal mode. Still I get the message in Report that Trojan deteted 1. Can you help me.

Can you let me know which file is infected or name of trojan or location. I have Windows7 and Mcafee internet security purchased in July 2011.

Note I also did a full scan thru other Antivirus s/w like malwarebytes and Adware. They did not detect any trojan.

• 1. Re: ITman
          Peacekeeper

Is it saying detected in the scan you did or in the past? Can you take a pic of the report and post it here please

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/12/11 10:42:26 AM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/12/11 10:43:49 AM
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ITman

It says Trojan deteced 1 every time I do the scan. When I go to History and logs located in Navigation tab and open the History and logs . It says Exploit Blacole detected on 12/24 and was quantined.

I did a scan multiple times today in safe mode and normal mode. The scan completes saying Scan is comlete and no virus found, Your compyter is secure but when I click on report it shows trojan 1 deteected. Is my pc safe.  Scan from adware and malwarebytes comes clean.

error.png

error2.png

• 3. Re: ITman

Note I also went to the location of the file located in c:\users\appdata\locallow\sun\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\20 .

I also cleared all Java cache .

Cleared the quantine folder of Mcafee. and then ran a scan The scan completes saying your computer is secure and 0 virus and spyware deteected . But when i go to report it shows Trojan detected 1 .

• 4. Re: ITman
                Peacekeeper

Looking at the 1st pic it says 17 full scans and I feel the 1 trojan detection is for the 17 scans. As I felt it appears to be a summary of the scans shown on the left.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: ITman

Thanks , I wanted to know how frequently the report gets updated. Does this get cleared monthly?

I wanted to see aclean report ie 0 virus, o Trojan , 0 Rootkits.

Also wanted to know can I assume that My Laptop is safe and no trojan is present as the Scan comes out clean ?

Thanks for your  guidance

• 6. Re: ITman
                    Peacekeeper

That is an interesting thought. Will ask the techs if there is a refresh. An uninstall reinstall will of course clear it but should be an easier way.

In 2012 beta I am teting you can ask to view issue from last 24 hrs or all time seems no clear option. Maybe add the thought as an idea in the ideas forum....

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/12/11 5:31:44 PM
                    • 7. Re: ITman

Ok thanks . I will await a reply from techs. I had seen somewhere in the forum that Mcafee log file's automatcially is refreshed every month. hence will wait for month and see. If not I will uninstall and reinstall and see if the scan shows -.0 virus, o Trojan , 0 Rootkits

• 8. Re: ITman
                        Peacekeeper

We also saw that the quarantine folder is flushed then to but it was not so see what the month brings