9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 2:30 PM by Peacekeeper

Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall

Hello,

i bought Mcafee Total Protection 2012  (for home )this month and i have some problems with firewall.I think not work well.

Firewall-Settings-Internet Connection for Programs-i can't edit some programs(i don't want full access i just want outgoing access) .Why this ? (in trial i had acces).

2.in Navigation -History and logs i see some ip block (or not)by firewall and when i look in Reports Security ,in Firewall total activity 0 connection blocked.

Please help,(i use Vista 32 home edition)

sorry for english

Thanx in advance

• 1. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall
          Peacekeeper

Will try to answer but maybe you need to talk to a tech who speaks your language.

Contact support and ask for your Language speaking tech to call you.Support has not a site for your country but they should have language support.

That said

1What programs are exhibiting this so I can check.

2.I will check My test Pc as the current 1 has the new beta 2012 on it and has different features

• 2. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall

Thanx for reply.

Programs :

Services and controller app

Host process for windows

Local security authority process

userinit logon aplication

Windows Start-up Application

Windows Logon Application

For them i can't edit in firewall settings.

In trial version could.

example:

If i set in firewall settings Outgoing access(recommended in Mcafee ) ,these programs show  FULL  access(can't edit or delete in firewall settings).

Is normal?or is a bug ?

And another problem today when i wanted to update ....appear update problem .(i blocked ip 81.196.26.xxx and when i unblocked these ip i could update my TOTAL PROTECTION 2012).

These ip(81.196.26.xxx .....)are from Mcafee?Or what is the problem?

And what i bought is BETA program?????Not final program???

Message was edited by: tinkle on 12/25/11 5:05:20 AM CST

Message was edited by: tinkle on 12/25/11 5:56:51 AM CST
            • 3. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall
              thecreator

tinkle wrote:

Thanx for reply.

Programs :

Services and controller app

Host process for windows

Local security authority process

userinit logon aplication

Windows Start-up Application

Windows Logon Application

For them i can't edit in firewall settings.

In trial version could.

example:

If i set in firewall settings Outgoing access(recommended in Mcafee ) ,these programs show  FULL  access(can't edit or delete in firewall settings).

Is normal?or is a bug ?

And another problem today when i wanted to update ....appear update problem .(i blocked ip 81.196.26.xxx and when i unblocked these ip i could update my TOTAL PROTECTION 2012).

These ip(81.196.26.xxx .....)are from Mcafee?Or what is the problem?

And what i bought is BETA program?????Not final program???

Message was edited by: tinkle on 12/25/11 5:05:20 AM CST

Message was edited by: tinkle on 12/25/11 5:56:51 AM CST

Hi Tinkle,

You have been taking advantage. The Beta Program is completely free. Available in English only.

http://beta.mcafee.com/BetaMcAfee/Home.aspx?cookieCheck=true    And it does not expire. Beta has bugs. If using Beta, sign in and Report the Bugs.

When you open McAfee Security Center, does it state Beta in Black after the word Center?

• 4. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall
                Peacekeeper

Mate tinkle has not the beta as i mentioned I could not test his issue till I got on another PC that was not using the 2012 beta.

Tinkle Beta is the next years Mcafee version  that users can test and find bugs in it prior to it being released to the public.As TheC says only available in English.

Those applications are windows and protected from being changed they need dual way communication to Microsoft so cannot be changed.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 26/12/11 8:47:50 AM
                • 5. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall

First,thanx for reply.

I don't understand becouse in TRIAL  i could.

and why i can't update ?(today i re install my MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION 2012   3 pc..).

81.196.26.xx is a MCAFEE IP?  Or what is with this ip?I can't update when i block these ips.

i already tired with this product...

• 6. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall
                    thecreator

tinkle wrote:

First,thanx for reply.

I don't understand becouse in TRIAL  i could.

and why i can't update ?(today i re install my MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION 2012   3 pc..).

81.196.26.xx is a MCAFEE IP?  Or what is with this ip?I can't update when i block these ips.

i already tired with this product...

Hi tinkle,

Open McAfee Security Center. Top Right side, see About. Click on About. Reply with Build Numbers for Security Center,  The Anti-virus component and Personal Firewall Builds.

Also include your operating system and Service Pack Level.

Message was edited by: thecreator on 12/26/11 3:00:53 PM EST
                    • 7. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall
                      Peacekeeper

Unsure re trial I cannot change the acess in My beta 2012 version so cannot comment I would not worry.

Re that Ip are you using Romanian data systems as your ISP? All Ips are for it If so blocking it would stop internet access.

• 8. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall

Hello,

@the creator :

i uninstall Mcafee Total Protection 2012.i tired with this product.For me no work well....

i think.....i lost 44.99$....(not was beta..)

@mod:

"Re that Ip are you using Romanian data systems as your ISP? All Ips are for it If so blocking it would stop internet access."

When i want to download product ,update product ...my pc want to connect to this ip(81.196.26.xxx).I think this ip is not ip Mcafee so....something is strange....

Yes Romanian Data System is my ISP ....so?this ip is from this isp but is not my ip(i have ip dynamic but not this...)....so WHY WHEN I WANT TO DOWNLOAD /UPDATE my product ,i can't?

Thanx for help but i think(not sure...) i give up with this product ...

• 9. Re: Problem with Mcafee total protection 2012 in firewall
                          Peacekeeper

Ok sorry you are leaving By the way the IP grouping are your ISPs Ip addresses