Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
25174 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2009 9:30 AM by jmaxwell RSS
Newcomer 3 posts since
Nov 26, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2008 5:15 AM

BO:writable BO:stack

I am running Win XP SP2 and McAfee Enterprise 8.5 patch 7
I am getting a buffer overflow warning

c:\windows\system32\svchost:kernel32.loadlibrarya bo:writable bo:stack buffer overflow

Has anyone had a similar problem or any idea how to fix this? I have run several spyware cleaners on one of the PC's infected. ( I have 7 in total) I spent all day yesterday reading and cannot find a working solution. I really need to find a solution any help will be appreciated.
  • Newcomer 1 posts since
    Dec 9, 2008
    1. Dec 9, 2008 8:32 AM (in response to futterplop)
    bo:stack
    Hi, i am having similar issues to yourself , and have had no joy. Have you found anything further that could fix it,
    cheers
    Damien
  • Newcomer 112 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008
    2. Dec 9, 2008 1:00 PM (in response to doransupport)
    RE: bo:stack
    What about putting a new image on this machine and removing the users from the local administrators and powerusers group?

Regards, Henno
  • Newcomer 1 posts since
    Nov 26, 2008
    3. Dec 9, 2008 9:17 PM (in response to futterplop)
    RE: BO:writable BO:stack
    I Experience the same thing too. but my problem it attack servers. the symtoms are:
    1. The computer browser service is down resulting to other computer cannot access the infected computer.
    2. I see from the event browser we found result as following

"Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.3790.4184, fault address 0x0014e84e."

We tried to reinstalling the server and update the windows and the mcafee antivirus enterprise 8.0 suddenly the server switch off again.

how can we trace this virus?

Thanks
  • Newcomer 2 posts since
    Feb 2, 2009
    5. Feb 8, 2009 6:07 AM (in response to futterplop)
    bo:writable bo:stack
    I am running win xp with sp2 and mcafee 8.5i with patch 7, My many of the computer affected by buffer over flow.

It is detected as bo:writablebo:stack. Please give the solution and download link.
  • Newcomer 9 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    6. Mar 6, 2009 8:30 AM (in response to futterplop)
    Same problem
    I am experiencing the same problem, except it is attacking servers and very few client computers, a significant number of my servers are going down any solution would be very appreciated
  • jmaxwell Newcomer 732 posts since
    Apr 3, 2006
    7. Mar 6, 2009 9:30 AM (in response to sath)
    RE: Same problem
    If it's affecting production servers I'd suggest you raise a Case with McAfee Directly....

Jim

Not Again !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)