McAfee consumer products fail to update occurs when the update button in the SecurityCenter is clicked and when right-clicking the SecurityCenter icon and selecting Update. Kindly follow the below steps and let us know if still Update fails to complete
- Check for any different security software installed on the PC from Start - Control Panel - Programs & Features
- Navigate through the below locations and delete if you have any files and folders of different security software (Norton/Adaware/Spybot . . as such)
- C:\Programs files\Common files & C:\Program data
- IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/.
- Save http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TS100492.bat to your Desktop.
IMPORTANT: This batch file will modify your Windows registry. As a precautionary measure, ensure that you back up your registry before executing this file.
- Double-click TS100492.bat.
- Restart the computer.