1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2011 6:27 AM by JaiPrakash

Computer is at Risk Pop-up:  Make it stop

Hi all.  I am running Win 7 on a Dell Inspiron lap top.  I have had McAfee on the computer since I bought it and currently have Security Center version 11.0 up and running. 

Over the last two months, I am getting the "Computer is at risk" pop up stating that it needs to check for updates, but can not see the internet.  When I get to Security Center and click on "Check for updates" if performs the check then says I am current.  Auto update is on.  After I perform this check, I will get the warning again, and again, and again.  I never had this problem in the past....what has changed?  Please let me know if there is away to make it so that Security center can find the updates on its own.

Thanks

Paul Bourret

West Newfield, ME

• 1. Re: Computer is at Risk Pop-up:  Make it stop
          JaiPrakash

Hello Paul,

McAfee consumer products fail to update occurs when the update button in the SecurityCenter is clicked and when right-clicking the SecurityCenter icon and selecting Update. Kindly follow the below steps and let us know if still Update fails to complete

• Check for any different security software installed on the PC from Start - Control Panel - Programs & Features
          • Navigate through the below locations and delete if you have any files and folders of different security software (Norton/Adaware/Spybot . . as such)
          • C:\Programs files\Common files & C:\Program data
          • IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/.

Regards,