2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2011 6:43 AM by Peter M

Anyone else having trouble downloading Adobe Reader?

Adobe Reader will not download supposedly because of the McAfee antivirus program.  When I disable it, it still will not download.  I have just gone to Windows 7 with IE and due to my inability to download Adobe Reader cannot print pdf files or print shipping labels from USPS.com.  Anyone else find a solution for this necessary download?  Thanks, in advance.

• 1. Re: Anyone else having trouble downloading Adobe Reader?
          Hayton

You're going to the Adobe site for the download - http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader ?

It does say

Please note, depending on your settings, you may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software.

If you've turned off the firewall or disabled the whole McAfee suite for the download then it may be Internet Explorer that's doing the blocking. Do you get a message at the top of the screen area asking you to confirm the download?

• 2. Re: Anyone else having trouble downloading Adobe Reader?
            Peter M

I just checked the US download site http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and I had no problem getting the setup files to download, never had a problem in the past either.  I never had to disable anything.  It could have been a website glitch or do you have non-standard settings in your browser and/or SiteAdvisor or some download manager/protection software perhaps?.

Don't forget to uncheck that option you'll see that for McAfee Security Scan Plus.   You already have McAfee so you don't need it.

If you were trying to download it from a 3rd party website then that could be the problem.  Always download software from the maker's website unless they redirect you to a 3rd party site themselves.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/12/11 7:43:59 EST AM