2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 2:29 AM by hatevessel

SSO Help

Hi all,

Currently we have EE setup where we assign a user (in encryption users) to a laptop.  They login with the EE credentials and then it logs directly into windows on a local machine account (due our fragmented organisation setup, we don't use domain accounts for laptops, only local ones - currently at least).  My question is, how can I, if I needed to, change which windows account automatically gets logged into?

For example (as I'm not very good at explaining myself)

EE user: 'user1' logs in at the pre-boot screen, and this then logs him into the local user account of: 'localmachine\laptopuser'.  I imagine this is because when 'user1' enrolled in EE, he was logged in as 'localmachine\laptopuser' at the time.

I want to change this, so that when EE user: 'user1' logs in at the pre-boot screen, he actually logs in as local user account 'localmachine\laptopadministrator'

On a related note, what would currently happen if I changed the password for localmachine\laptopuser? Would this automatically update the saved password that EE holds?

Many thanks, and if you want me to clarify anything, just ask!  Hope that the above makes sense.  I've tried reading documentation, but it seems to focus on having domain accounts that have the same name as the EE user.

• 1. Re: SSO Help

You can only clear the details, you can't set them (search for "clear sso" in your product guide)

The system is set to capture the details of the windows user as you suggest, usually though it's set to only do that if the user names between windows and eepc march (again, that's in the policy in the docs)

If it was a domain account, yes, a local windows change is reflected into eepc - we don't test though with local users so the behavior is undefined. It may work, but as local changes are not reflected to network providers, I am not confident.

You have to have an ad to use eepc, so we assume you are using it on endpoints as well.

• 2. Re: SSO Help

Thankyou!