2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2008 10:27 PM by Zyrtec

VSE 8.7i Access Protection can be shut down

HI all,

This is my first post here and it has to do with VSE 8.7i.

I'm running this AV on my laptop with 2GB RAM and 2.20GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor (my OS is Win XP Pro with SP-3 by the way).
      It's a STANDALONE, non-managed installation of VSE 8.7i.

When I set my laptop to go Hibernation, everything is fine but when the laptop comes out of Hibernation and I right click on the VSE 8.7i icon on the taskbar I notice that from the drop down menu, ACCESS PROTECTION is no longer greyed out and can manually be disabled if I wanted to.

This does not happen when I cold boot my laptop, just only after it comes out of Hibernation.

Is this behavior normal for VSE 8.7i or is it a bug that needs to be addressed with a Patch?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Carlos
        • 1. RE: VSE 8.7i Access Protection can be shut down
          Have you notified your McAfee corporate support person regarding the error? If not, please do.. Log in a support case.. There are a number of issues which need patching on this version.

Hope this helps.

Grif
          • 2. RE: VSE 8.7i Access Protection can be shut down
            Hey Grif,

Thank you for your response.

Do you have any idea of when would be the PATCH #1 for VSE 8.7i released? 2 months?, 6 months?

By the way, my company is not deploying VSE 8.7i yet as they are using VSE 8.0i. The one I have installed on my laptop (8.7i) is from the trialware section on the Business site at McAfee.com

I love testing betas and released products. That's why my installation is not EPO managed. It's a standalone install.

My specs:

Dell Latitude D830 : 2GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 120GB HDD, 256MB nVidia Quadro 140NVS 256MB RAM and Windows XP Professional SP-3 (fully patched).

Regards,

Carlos

P.S.: Have you experienced this problem with Access Protection after resuming from Hibernation and VSE 8.7i?