3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2011 10:40 AM by Tristan

AMCore Content Package magically appeared in my Repository

Tristan

Does anybody have any idea what the  AMCore Content Package is or what it does?

This item magically appeared in my repository on Friday.

As you can see from the screen grab of my Main repo the item was checked item at 23:00 on the 9th that corresponds with a automated Repository update (i was in bed by that time so it wasn't anything i did )

amcore.jpg

• 1. Re: AMCore Content Package magically appeared in my Repository

Snap. I've got it as well. Also arrived on the 9th...

• 2. Re: AMCore Content Package magically appeared in my Repository
            JoeBidgood

I'm just in the process of getting a KB published - this should appear as KB 73652.  The text of this is as follows:

"AMCore Content Package (AMCORDAT1000) package in the McAfee CommonUpdater download site

On Dec 10th, 2011, McAfee posted a new package to the McAfee download sites. This package appears in ePO as a package called "AMCore Content Package", and appears in the download site directory structure as a folder called AMCORDAT1000.

This package is the content update for McAfee's upcoming Deep Defender product, which is due to release shortly. Some customers may have noticed that this package has been automatically downloaded to ePO, even though they do not have the Deep Defender product or extensions checked in: the package will be modified on its next release to correct this, so that it is only downloaded by customers using the Deep Defender product. When this change is made this article will be modified to reflect the fact.

At the time of writing there are no products that make use of this content, and so it can be safely deleted from ePO if it has been downloaded. If you do not wish to download this package, until the package is modified as described above, please edit your ePO pull task settings and de-select the package."

HTH -

Joe

• 3. Re: AMCore Content Package magically appeared in my Repository
              Tristan

Thanks for the info.

Deep Defender looks interesting. Am i right in thinking it's a spin on a HyperVisor that has AV technology built in?