4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 12:58 PM by cgrim

Pre-Requirments for installing MVM

Hi Experts,

Can any one help me on installing(MVM) and please update the document for Pre-Requirements software and hardware of  Mcafee vulnerability manager. 

• 1. Re: Pre-Requirments for installing MVM

Hi Sanye,

The Installer and the related documentation (Installation Guide) is on the McAfee Download site here:

https://secure.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/my-products/login.aspx?region=us

Enter your Grant # and click on:

McAfee Vulnerability Manager Software

If MVM isn't part of your Grant, then you can click on the "Free Product Evaluations" on the top right of My Products page.

What you need is all listed in the Install Guide.

I hope that helps!
          Cathy

• 2. Re: Pre-Requirments for installing MVM

Hi Cgrim,

Thank You Helping,but  i dont have a GRANT NUMBER to download the document..Because i downloaded trail version MVM and i wana test this MVM  in my HOME..

Thank You in Advance...

• 3. Re: Pre-Requirments for installing MVM

Hello Cgrim,

I need help.

Currently works for a provider of security services.

Currently our service vulnerability management is prefromance with problems and issues in our deliveries.

Today we use a virtual server to hold all the infrastructure of our base MVM and currently have nearly 25,000 assets.

Could you tell me what would be an ideal infrastructure to support 100,000 active servers and software?

Thanks and I look forward

Message was edited by: sandrosan on 12/27/11 12:36:48 PM CST

Message was edited by: sandrosan on 12/27/11 12:37:19 PM CST
              • 4. Re: Pre-Requirments for installing MVM

Hisandrosan,

From the Install Guide:

Number of IPs

Number of Servers

Notes

20,001 - >100,000

Three McAfee Vulnerability Manager servers: One configured as enterprise manager web portal, one configured as database, and one configured as API server, scan controller, and scan engine with additional components.

n McAfee Vulnerability Manager servers configured as dedicated secondary scan engines.

Ideal for large, global, distributed and diverse networks

Number of IPs

Number of Servers

Notes

20,001 - >100,000

Three McAfee Vulnerability Manager servers: One configured as enterprise manager web portal, one configured as database, and one configured as API server, scan controller, and scan engine with additional components.

n McAfee Vulnerability Manager servers configured as dedicated secondary scan engines.

Ideal for large, global, distributed and diverse networks

Please refer to the Install Guide, and the Product Guide as there are many other factors to consider as well.

-Cathy