1 of 1 people found this helpful
You could try the below steps
- Un-install IE 9 from Programs and Feature
- Create a new windows user
- Tried to install from the new user account
Thanks Manoj, but that didn't work.
I've wasted so many work hours on this that I'm starting to despair.
Some progress! I now get an error message! Woo hoo! Here it is:
Anwendungsname: Install.exe_McAfee Integrated Security Platform Installer
Zusatzinformation 1: 72aa
Zusatzinformation 2: 72aa47882a60ea26f3445ab1c8bd535f
Zusatzinformation 3: 1553
Zusatzinformation 4: 155311fa79bfc9b450f232537711962a
(It's on a German computer!)
Please try the below steps for the MISP Error.
- Try to update Windows and install all the available updates excluding IE 9.
- Open IE-> Tools->Internet Options-> General and select ‘Delete’ button under browser history and delete everything.
- Open IE-> Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and select reset button.
- Turn off UAC
To turn UAC off
- Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
- To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
- Reboot the computer and try to install the McAfee product from a new user account
- To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Note: Major reason for this issue is either the windows components are corrupted or there might be some malware presence. It would be worth trying to re-install the Windows 7 before you move on to MAC
Please let me know the suite name of the new purchase?
Please check if there is any system restore point prior un-installing the expired McAfee Total protection 2011.
Thank you, but that didn't work either. McAfee did start to run, but got half way through the process and then stopped. Now it won't run at all.
The suite is the '5 User McAfee Total Protection'.
Problem solved! I installed Avira anti-virus software as a stop-gap (free trial), then tried installing McAfee one last time...and it worked! Avira must have installed a component that I required. Very strange. Any other explanation for this?
It's now November 2012 - same problem installing McAfee. Same solution thanks!
Installed Avira anti-virus trial. Then went back and executed the McAfee installation file.
Worked like a charm.
Problem for McAfee is - Avira is a less expensive program. Hmm....
This has not worked with me. But I will leave the Avira like protection while I look for solution to the bad operation of the installer of McAfee.
Finally I was able to install the McAfee Antivirus. I got it after installing the Windows Installer 4.5!
I don't know if the WinInstaller needed an update or upgrade, or it was corrupt. But that was the cause of the problem.
I hope this information will be useful for other users.