9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 6:16 PM by mcscotty57

Total Protection won't install - even Chat people can't help!

Dear All,

I have come to you as a last resort before I take a sledge hammer to my new-ish computer and buy a Mac.

My computer has Windows 7 HP on it. Prior to yesterday, Total Protection 2011 was installed. That having expired, I bought the next version and now I have no protection whatsoever! It downloaded, it went through the pretence of opening but then completely disappeared. I managed to install it without a problem on my Windows Vista laptop, so my guess is that it's a problem with my computer.

Can anyone help with identifying the problem please?

Before you ask, I have already trawled this site and others, so I have downloaded all of the various removal and pre-installation programs. WIndows has been completely updated. IE 9 is installed.  I have even spent a good hour or so using the Chat support function, but even 'Tier 2 Support' could not identify the problem. Their final suggestion was: ask Microsoft!

The clock is ticking. I need my computer for work, but I'm not going to use it without proper protection - I've been well-indoctrinated with the technological birds and bees story! If this can't be resolved, good bye Windows and good bye McAfee, hello Apple and hello a whole load of other problems! (Sounds like a Beatles song...)

Yours desperately,

JL