1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2008 8:56 AM by Johonn

Who tests DAT before deploying to rest of the company ?

Hi,

Today we were hit with the latest DAT ( 5429 ) which caused out Citrix servers memory leaks and all sorts, Reverted back to 5428 and everything, so far, seems fine.

Just wondering if you guys use the previous / eval / current branch to test DATs ?

And if so, what's the best way to do it in EPO version 4 ?

Thanks.
        • 1. RE: Who tests DAT before deploying to rest of the company ?
          I have nothing set up at this moment but i have some thoughts in mind.

I am setting something up because there are been too many mishaps lately. The most recent...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10093875-83.html

My problem is Mcafee is so relaxed on what time they deploy their updated DATs or at least when i get the email notification that i am not sure when to pull the update and apply it. I am trying to figure out if i can detect a change in the "Master Repository Status" between the "Latest available" and "My Repository" and then trigger the update task and send myself an email that the Eval group is being updated. However, with the limited Query options i can't seem to find what i am looking for.

Then i plan on setting up email alerts on the eval group for just about anything that Mcafee does.

What are your plans.