can you please post the screenshot ???.........
Thanks for the repl, and apologies for no screenshot.
"If we right-click the agent icon then 'Scan computer for...' > Threats we get errors saying Scan32.exe is a bad image file. BUT not on all machines, and even on ones that have shown error, do not all the time."
This is the error when we do that particular thing
1 of 1 people found this helpful
See KB Below
Bad Image: The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll is not a valid Windows image
Thanks for the reply.
unfortunately the updated msi hotfix that KB refers to doesn't work.
Did you run sfc /scannow ?
Yeah i did. no luck. didnt find any problems..
The only thing I can think of is a full uninstall and reinstall.
Had the same problem...
sfc /scannow works
If nothing works, try the last solution in this KB.
To disable the Common Standard Protection AP rule that prevents McAfee processes from being hooked:
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
- Double-click Access Protection.
- Select Common Standard Protection.
- Deselect both the Block and Report entries for Prevent hooking of McAfee processes (this is enabled by default).
- Click OK and exit VirusScan Console.