1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 6:42 AM by Laszlo G

ePO 4.5 Patch 5 running on a standalone Windows 2008 R2 server with no domain access

ArnsteinLangnes

Hello.

I have a issues at a customer location regarding an ePO 4.5 they want to install on a standalone W2008 R2 server. NO Domain in this network..

1: Is it a problem installing the ePO in such scenario?

I did det some issues when installing SQL express from the ePO installer, and I did a manual install on the SQL 2008 R2 express Next the install of the ePO did not se the installed SQL instance??

2: Customer wants to add Device Control to this ePO, and (If possible) set up a very generic rule either blockin all for everyone or only logging information...

I assume there are issues regarding this in the Device Control product??
      Anyone with info on this?

Possibly the Domain (AD) is a must for both?

Regards

• 1. Re: ePO 4.5 Patch 5 running on a standalone Windows 2008 R2 server with no domain access
          Laszlo G

Hi ArnsteinLangnes, there's no problem installing without domain, the only problem you're having here is that SQLExpress won't instal because the SQL package used by ePO 4.5 installer is not suported on Windows 2008 R2 (because it's 64bits).

1- Once you have manually installed SQL Express 2008 on the server you need to enable TCP/IP, Named Pipes and Shared memory. You can enable them with SQL Configuration manager, under SQL Server 2008 Network Configuration -> Protocols for EPOSERVER (or your instance's name). You'll be asked to restart SQL services and then the ePO installer should see the SQL engine.

2- You can work with Device Control without domain. The only difference is that your rules won't be user-based but you will enable device control policies under your system tree