1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 9:52 AM by andrep1

Possible to move systems between two ePO servers in seperate domains?

zarberg

I know moving systems between ePO servers is relatively easy, but is it possible to move them between ePO servers on seperate but trusted Windows domains?

The situation:  My company has to roll out 130 new machines in about a week.  We've been told, despite protests that our agency uses 5.x and has not tested 6 at all, that we need to have Encryption 6.1 on them.  The catch:  within the next 6 months due to internal politics our 2 domains are going to become 1, and we have to roll out the machines on the domain that will eventually no longer exist.  If it isn't possible to move between domains does anyone have any ideas based on the scenario I've described?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Possible to move systems between two ePO servers in seperate domains?
          andrep1

Yes, totally possible with the transfer feature in ePO. The original ePO server  will point the managed device to the new ePO server and after two ASCI cycles, the device will show up on the new server.  Setup the proper credentials between the ePo server to provide access to the db servers and ensure you have proper credentials for you initial agent install if not done using workstation startup scripts, if required. 

Other consideration: bandwidth between db servers, transfer of policies, tasks, tags