6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 8:59 AM by Tristan

Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6

HI

I'am trying to push mcafee antivirus from my server to the client computer, I know I have to do this through epolicy orchestrator but i'am a complete beginner i dont have a clue what to do on epo to push the AV.

Could someone help me out please?

• 1. Re: Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6
          Tristan

To be perfectly honest the ePO user manual (edit: or product guide as McAfee call it) is the first place to start if you are a complete beginner.

Chapter 14 - Using the Software Manager to check in software

Chapter 15 - Using policies to manage products and systems

Chapter 16 - Using tasks to manage products and systems

If you've yet to get your head around system trees, tasks and policies then any help we would give would be just as confusing.

Once you got the basic foundation of a deployment task you can then ask questions on how to fix it if it's not doing what you want it to do.

Message was edited by: Tristan on 29/11/11 12:29:45 GMT
          • 2. Re: Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6
            xenon1

1. Create an Frame_PKG.exe Package for your Clients.  (System Tree -- System Tree Actions (left lower corner) -- New Systems  ---

2.  Install it to the Computersystem

3. The Systemname will apper in the ePO

4. Create a ePO CLIENT TASK for VSE deployment....

Nachricht geändert durch xenon1 on 29.11.11 06:30:50 CST
            • 3. Re: Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6

Thanks for the answers, I got another question, whenever I go into software manager I cant use it, it says product catalog not yet downloaded, it doesnt give you anything to click on to download it and i cant find anything from google how to fix it. does anyone kmow what i should do?

• 4. Re: Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6
                Tristan

Have you gone through the guided configuration?

Add a new monitor to your dashboard. In the list there one called 'Guided Configuration', add it and click the button in it.

• 5. Re: Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6

yes iv gone through guided configuration and iv uninstalled ePO and installed it again and went through it agin but the same message comes up, although before when i pressed refresh software product list nothing happened, now a message comes up saying failed to connect to the software catalog server

• 6. Re: Help deploying AV to client using epo 4.6
                    Tristan

That would suggest that your ePO server doesn't have a connection to the Internet.

Potentially you have a Firewall or Proxy server between it and the internet that is blocking access.