Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
751 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 6:30 AM by paulitus RSS
paulitus Newcomer 2 posts since
Nov 22, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2011 10:54 AM

Problems with epo 4.6

Hello everybody,

I'm new in this community, and a little inexpert with Epo systems, but there are my question/s:

I have installed an EPO4.6 in my network and I have many problems, one of these are when I configure the differents subnets I have uncovereds nets, in spite that I have installed the rogue system in some machines, my subnet is never covered by 100%. Many of the sensors are in Passive state, and I understand that there is something not configurated correctly.

The status of my rogues system are:

Sensor Health: Marginal

Active

Passive

Missing

Then, my status subnet is something like this:

Covered Subnets: 60%

Covered

Contain Rogues

Any idea of what I'm doing bad?

I'm sure that the systems with the sensor are always on, but I dont know why  the systems stops reporting to my epo system...

I'm sorry about my bad English, and I hope that I have explained myself correctly.

Very thanks.

• pierce Champion 402 posts since
    Feb 22, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 24, 2011 7:40 AM (in response to paulitus)
    Re: Problems with epo 4.6

hey,

Missing sensors are easy, means the machine is offline or not checked into ePO in two days. click onto the missing and it will list the machines and you can check on those devices. One user uninstalled a sensors and this was recorded as 'uninstalled' so it must be an issue with the machine talking to ePO.

I believe Passive sensors are where you have multiple sensors on the same network subnet, I have this as well and dont worry too much about it. Means you have one active sensors and one(or more) as a backup if it goes offline.

Subnet coverage shows you have 2 discovered subnets with no sensors monitoring, check what these subnets are (if you have a rogue sensor on a laptop it might pick up a home wireless networking for example). if you dont need to monitor delete them and you will get to 100%.

mine is 15 covered, 16 contains rogues and 55 uncovered, but I am testing with lots of wandering laptops to see where they go in our network(it is limited to only record out networks IP range so wont start scanning their home network but will record it as a uncovered subnet)

thanks,

Pierce

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points