1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 2:36 PM by lancia

Problem opening Super TextTwist

I have purchased and downloaded the game Super TextTwist to my computer. The game will open only if I disable real-time virus scanning (I have Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee). If I leave scanning enabled and then try to open the game, my computer freezes up and I have to turn the computer off and then on with the on/off button to unfreeze it. However, if I enable scanning after the game has been opened, everything works fine. It’s not that difficult to turn scanning off and on but I wonder if there is another way to play the game and not have to disable scanning, even briefly.

• 1. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist
          Peacekeeper

I wonder Firstly what program version have you Ie is COX  updated to the 2011 version ie the 1 with "about" at top Right of the security centre screen?

If it is I have an idea .

On another thought

Scan the game folder does it scan and is there any detection?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have the latest update to Cox Security Suite. I have the update setting on automatic.

I have already scanned the game folder and no problems were found.

I tried unchecking the "Scan for viruses by identifying threat pattern" under Scan Settings, with the rest of the scan settings enabled, and that allows the game to be opened, too. But I would rather not compromise my protection against new viruses.

• 3. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist
              Peacekeeper

Sorry I need the version num,ber ie is there an about top right of the security centre or do you have to go navigation then about to see version?

That said it seems the program does something that Mcafee ids as virus like.

Have you informed the creator of the game they should contact Mcafee and talk to them.

I will bring this up at our mod call Monday

• 4. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist

Thanks for your reply.

I have to go to Navigation and About to find version information about Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee. Here is the information.

McAfee Security Center: Version 10.5; Build 10.5.247

McAfee Virus Scan: Version 14.5; Build 14.5.130

For about a week, I have been communicating with Trymedia Games Support for help with their Super Text Twist game, with no solution. Their last message suggested that I contact McAfee about the problem!

• 5. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist
                  Peacekeeper

Sigh will place this as a question re best course of action for our Monday mod call.

Since it is not a detection but a lockup I feel it is a Trymedia Games/mcafee dialogue necessary but will ask.

Also you have 2010 version so not a netguard issue as I felt . That is only in 2011.

• 6. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist
                    Dinz

Hi,

Please check your email as I have sent you one for facilitating a call back , We need to collect more details on this programs and present to our labs for analysis .

Regards,

• 7. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist

Thanks!

I have replied via email.

• 8. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist

Dinesh,

I still haven't received a call from McAfee concerning the needed details.

• 9. Re: Problem opening Super TextTwist

Dinesh,

I just got a call from McAfee. The researcher ran a VirusTotal.com screen and found two infections in the game that are not recognized by the McAfee virus screen. Though unrecognized by McAfee, the infections still stop McAfee from allowing the game to open. I will wait for a final solution to the problem.

Message was edited by: lancia on 11/29/11 4:32:37 PM CST
                          1 2 Previous Next