1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 4:13 AM by JoeBidgood

Question AH.

smalldog

Hi All,  My customers have workgroup enviroments with multi branch.

- And they want to deploy with Agent Handler on every branch.  Is this good for workgroup environments? Any advice? And ePO support for this?

- At head office, including many different vlan but can ping between the vlans. I checked in the EPO server during deploy agent that can only browse pcs to the same vlan with ePO, vlan other can not, so i can not deploy agent. So could you advice to me what i must advisor to customer in this case? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Question AH.
          JoeBidgood

smalldog wrote:

Hi All,  My customers have workgroup enviroments with multi branch.

- And they want to deploy with Agent Handler on every branch.  Is this good for workgroup environments? Any advice? And ePO support for this?

My advice would be: don't   

Why do they want to use AHs? I think it very, very unlikely that they need an AH at each branch - in fact it's quite possible that they don't need them at all. Please see the Agent Handler White Paper in the knowledge base for more details - but in my experience so far the great majority of customers who have deployed agent handlers do not need them.

With regard to the vlan issue, if you cannot push the agent install package from the ePO server to the clients, then you'll have to use a different method for installing the agent, like SMS or login scripts.

One thing that it is essential to check, though - you must make sure that the client machines on their vlan can communicate with the ePO server on its VLAN: if they can't, then ePO (or any other centralised management system) is going to be pretty much useless.

HTH -

Joe