Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
5603 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 3:16 PM by Ex_Brit RSS
weezee611 Newcomer 1 posts since
Nov 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 15, 2011 12:19 PM

Can't Uninstall McAfee Security Center Trial Ver.

I need help on how to uninstall Mcafee Security Center completely that came with my computer.  I purchased computer in 2006 and recently reformatted.  Mcafee Trial is on reformat disk and has taken over my computer.  I tried uninstalling by Add/Delete and using the MCPR removal tool, still there.  Before I could add my own anti-virus products, it started with the Open Cloud Security virus.  Couldn't even use Safe Mode.  Took to Best Buy, they didn't even known how to fix, they just reformatted like I did. 

Now I can't use Windows Media Player-no video, can't install anything that has an .EXE extension and can't delete anything.  I have disabled the Personal  Firewall protection and every 4 hours it give me a pop up on purchasing full product, which I do not want.  1st time it happened, I tried d/l more help and it started deleting my old files.

My question is:  how to completely remove off my hard drive and how not to get the Open Cloud Virus from them after I do it.  I can't afford to keep going to Best buy at $138/ a visit.

Using IE 8 & windows xp ver 5.1, pack 3.  Thanks in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points