This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
First, if you haven't updated VS 8.5i to the most recent Patch, please do so. It fixes many of those types of issues.. At this point, we are at Patch #6.. You'll need to use your corporate Grant Number at the link below to set up an account.. Once the account is setup, you can download the latest patch.
Next, because this could be related to malware, please follow the instructions below:
Please follow the steps below to download and run a couple of free malware scanners on your computer. Use them in the order I give them. The error you're seeing frequently is the result of malware.
First, use the free Malwarebytes instructions below:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
After finishing with the tool above, please download, install, update, then run a full system scan with the free SuperAntispyware program from the link below. Delete everything it finds.:
SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool
Next, click on Start-Run, type "services.msc", then click on OK. Go to the Mcshield.exe Service and double click on it, then click on the "Recovery" tab. In each of the "First Failure" lines, change it to "restart", then OK your way out.
Next, if that doesn't fix it, then uninstall and reinstall the program.
Hope this helps.