7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 10:13 AM by Isagel

Push AV to Linux server from ePO

Isagel

Using ePO 4.5 patch 5.  I need to push AV out to a Linux server, wondering what I need to do for that. 

I know nothing about Linux.  Is there a Linux agent I need to load into the master repository and "virus scan" for Linux?...is this called Linux Shield?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
          JoeBidgood
          Is there a Linux agent I need to load into the master repository and "virus scan" for Linux?...is this called Linux Shield?

Yes to both   Although I think the official name for the Linux product is VirusScan Enterprise for Linux: the current version is 1.7, I believe.

I would suggest downloading the Linux McAfee Agent package - 4.6 is the latest version - as well as the VSE for Linux package, and then have a look through their respective manuals. This should tell you what you need  to know

HTH -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
            Isagel

I might be missing something.  Downloaded VSE for linux version 1.7 but cannot load it into the repository in ePO, get an error that it is too large. 

Looking at the manuals for McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.7.0-28611.ZIP, the instructions for "INTEGRATING USING EPOLICY ORCHESTRATOR 4.5/4.6" say to extract the package file (tar -zxvfMcAfeeVSEForLinux-1.7.0-28611-release.noarch.tar.gz) and then check in:

MSA-LNX_4.6.0_Package.ZIP

McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.7.0-28611-EPO.ZIP

and the extensions:

- EPOAGENTMETA.ZIP

- LYNXSHLD1700.ZIP

- LYNXSHLD1700PARSER.ZIP

I don't see any of these files after extracting.

• 3. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
              JoeBidgood

They're definitely there...  what happens if you extract McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.7.0-28611-release.noarch.tar.gz with something like WinRAR?

HTH -

Joe

• 4. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
                Isagel

WINRAR was able to extract those files, thank you.

Know if I can take the Linux agent from the ePO server and install it directly on the Linux server? 

Path on ePO for the agent I believe is "....DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3700LYNX\Install\0409" , one or all files needed to be copied over from there?  With the windows agent its just the 'FramePkg.exe' file, not completely sure about linux though. 

• 5. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
                  JoeBidgood

Isagel wrote:

WINRAR was able to extract those files, thank you.

Good

Know if I can take the Linux agent from the ePO server and install it directly on the Linux server?

Please see the "Installing on Unix-based and Macintosh operating systems manually" section of the MA 4.6 Product Guide.

HTH -

Joe

• 6. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
                    xenon1

for Linux Systems it's nearly the same as Windows :  you can generate a "Frame_pkg.sh"  (shell script).

- first install the Agent (4.6.X )

- than build the depolyment Task for VSEL 1.7.X

- edit the VSEL Policies respectively the exclusion paths , be carefully because its an OnAccess "scanner"-Process that you will see in "TOP" Processes...

• 7. Re: Push AV to Linux server from ePO
                      Isagel

I installed the agent on the Linux machine but don't see it showing up on the ePO console.  Know how I might be able to do a 'collect & send props' from the Linux machine?

Thanks.