Thank you and I assure you it's not just YouTube, its loading pages and doing downloads also. Like I said five computers, three Operating Systems and two different ISP's. Same issue on all. Worst on Windows 7 64 bit. For YouTube if I turn it on I can get it to start, then it stops and sometimes pausing and restarting works, sometimes not. At my speed the entire video should download almost instantly and usually does. I turn of Net Guard and all issues go away on all computers and operating systems. We need a fix or Net Guard removed.
Turning off Netguard rather than the whole firewall fixed my problem. Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps some details of my PC would be helpful in finding out the cause problem. My PC is a 6-year old Dell PC running Windows Vista with AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 5000+ 2.6 GHz. Memory 3 Gb, 32-bit Operating system.
Good luck with solving this!
As I said I have this as an call agenda item tomorrow will update here then
They need actual youtube links that seem to lock up and download links as well. Also what browser are you using.
Can you either post them here or better PM to me please.
Tony, I cannot believe this. I tried to be proactive in my replies, but now I understand the emotions of the people on this forum and especially in this topic.
The guys who do the fixes need to be able to see this happening. It does not happen on My PC nor my family's 9 installs nor the other mods I asked so you see we need to show the issue happens before they can act. . We mods try to flter the requests going to the development bods as if we snow them under with unreproduceable requests things may not get fixed.
If we have links that lock up on your Pc we can try them on a variety of PCs here and see what happens. I suggested a tech contact you and view this happening but this seemed not to be their 1st choice, Will refollow that idea up.
Tony, McAfee tech do not seem to be fully understanding the issues here ........ although the title of this thread refers to Youtube videos, the contents of all complainants make it totally clear that this is not the only problem.
To explain my problems again (which seem to be the same/similar to most others) -
Win Vista 32bit, browsers - Chrome, Firefox, IE8, 9. Safari
1. Slow (extremely) connection
2. Slow, often failure to resolve a website address
3. Even when I can access a youtube video, it simply stalls (continual timer spin) when trying to play.
4. Spotify - same as youtube
5. Paypal - as youtube, even when I get the page, logging in is futile, just spins again.
6. No. 5 happens on most sites that I attempt to log in to
7. Running a speedtest (I've tried loads) results in either failure, or on the odd occasion that it does complete, a pathetic result.
8. FTP - again, sluggish, with regular connection failures
Turning Netguard off has resolved all of this for me ...... if it had not, probably McAfee would have been uninstalled by now - this really was impossible to live with.
If none of you guys are seeing any of this, then a remote session (or more than one) seems the only way to go. I'm quite happy to accept a remote session, but in the UK and a shift worker, so timings may be a problem.
Hope this all helps
One thing to check is Adobe Flash Player version should be the latest with old ones uninstalled if still there, possibly mentioned before but thought I would remind people....
Also make sure that Flash player has Full access to the Internet under Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs, likewise the browser(s):
Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/12/11 7:28:21 EST AM
It does help. I suggested Dinz or 1 of his minions contact you. The problem is they need this happening on their PCs so they can say to development there it is make it stop. It is very hard when the PC is not there.
See if he contacts you watch your spam folder his emails tend to vanish.
Simply to say that I have had this exact same problem.
I am not a McAfee product expert at all but am running your security package that comes as standard with my ISP (British Telecom in UK).
Problem started on 5 or 6 December, which (according to logs) coincided with automated update to McAfee Personal Firewall update to build 12.0.345. I had an auto-installed ITunes update (v 10.5.1.42) on the same date. This is obviously very unlikely to be relevant but I mention it for completeness.
Problem exhibits in exact same way as described by others. Web page loading would not proceed beyond initial buffer only. This meant (on my connection) no more than 40 seconds of video, incomplete loading of graphic-heavy pages, any pages relying on non-trivial server-side database queries (e.g. route planners, most shopping sites) becoming wholly unusable.
Problem was resolved by disabling McAfee firewall and reverting to inbuilt Windows firewall.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6002 on a Dell desktop PC with AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core (2.3 MHz) processors.