4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2011 1:25 AM by kbisht

Siteadvisor 3.5 beta problem

Dvanmeter

Just found that in testing Siteadvisor 3.5 beta that it kills outlook 2010.  i loaded the 3.5 beta and when going into outlook 2010 I try to open an email and outlook crashes.  The event logs says outlook crashed because of the sa plugin.  Once I removed Siteadvisor 3.5 beta outlook worked fine.  Anyone know if this was fixed and when 3.5 will be released?

• 1. Re: Siteadvisor 3.5 beta problem
          exbrit

I believe that there is a private area for beta testers, but not sure about that.

Beta products aren't discussed in the public areas.  

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/11/11 9:08:28 EST PM
          • 2. Re: Siteadvisor 3.5 beta problem

There was not a discussion group for the SAE 3.5 beta to the best of my knowledge.

The product has been released if I read this correctly: SiteAdvisor 3.5 Release Date.

Perhaps a SiteAdvisor Expert will chime in. Otherwise, you may want to create an SR.

• 3. Re: Siteadvisor 3.5 beta problem

Sorry but i do not the energy or time to participate in the beta program.

But i have installed the beta because the 3.0 release does not support common browsers.

As such i have a slight question/problem with the beta.

I rolled out the beta to the firm that i work out after testing it on two IT computers, after rolling it out, it completely blocked all websties including google.

all the websites just stopped on the page that read:

"This is an intermidiate Block Page from SiteAdvisor. If you are seeing this page, it means SiteAdvisor has been configured to run in Asynchronous mode. So SiteAdvisor has blocked browser from navigating to requested page."

I have since deactivated all but one category on the policy and I have been testing it on my pc. It does not block all websites now but every single time i navigate to another url it intercepts the connection and flicks up a page with the message:

"This is an intermidiate Block Page from SiteAdvisor. If you are seeing this page, it means SiteAdvisor has been configured to run in Asynchronous mode. So SiteAdvisor has blocked browser from navigating to requested page."

Is this by design? is it meant to be redirecting to a mcafee page every time i browse to a different url ? surely it should only be doing this for "blocked" pages ?

The reason i ask is because it is pretty annoying and slows down my web browsing.

Message was edited by: sadadmin on 11/11/11 10:23:44 AM CST
              • 4. Re: Siteadvisor 3.5 beta problem

Asynchronous mode has been removed from the released version.Kindly test the SAE 3.5 released version.

If you are able to see Outlook crash again kindly raise an SR. There are changes in categories as well. So you might also want to activate all the categories and recheck your observation.