1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 8:08 AM by michael_schneider

Web Gateway SSL Certificate question

jont717

We are using the SSL scanner on our Web Gateway 7.   All of our IE users have the CA certificate that we generated on the Web Gateway. 

When I browse to any HTTPS site and check the certificate, it says it expires on 11/22/2011 (see image below)

11.png

When we first generated the certificate in the Web Gateway we told it not to expire until 11/22/2020 (see images)

13.png

When I check the Web Gateway certificate in IE it says the correct date. (see image)

12.png

So why, when we visit HTTPS sites, does it say it will expire 11/22/2011.  Does this mean all of our HTTPS traffic is going to get certificate errors after that date?  I SURE hope not. 

Thanks for your input.

• 1. Re: Web Gateway SSL Certificate question
          michael_schneider

Hello,

you need to differentiate between the CA and the cert. The CA will be avlid until 2020, whereas the certificates the CA generates are only valid for a year. This means, that you need to generate a new CA in 2020 and MWg will automatically reissue the certs a year after their initial generation. In short, you won't get cert issues until 2020, as then the CA is timed out.

Michael