2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 10:30 PM by thecreator

After reason update can not get to the internet.

MacAfee automatically update it self at 9:45 AM and requested for restart asystem ( XP SP2)

After reboot I can not get to internet!

I ran a system restore for yesterday and after it was done all working OK.

Then I manually updated a MacAfee and as soon I rebooted no internetconnection!

I am using MacAfee Security center 11

Any help will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: After reason update can not get to the internet.
          JaiPrakash

Hi,

Adding to the above ensure Internet Explorer is given full Access under the Firewall Settings in Internet Connections for Programs.

Internet Connection for Programs.JPG

• 2. Re: After reason update can not get to the internet.
            thecreator

mkmc wrote:

MacAfee automatically update it self at 9:45 AM and requested for restart asystem ( XP SP2)

After reboot I can not get to internet!

I ran a system restore for yesterday and after it was done all working OK.

Then I manually updated a MacAfee and as soon I rebooted no internetconnection!

I am using MacAfee Security center 11

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi mkmc,

Uninstall McAfee from Add or Remove Programs. Reboot.

Download the Full Windows XP Service Pack 3 installation package or use Windows Update to download and install Windows XP Service Pack 3 and all remaining Windows Hotfixes and Optional Programs from Microsoft.

When done, reboot and download and reinstall McAfee from your Account.

Why? McAfee is no longer supporting Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed, unless you are using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. And you have stated this to be the case.