2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 12:20 AM by Attila Polinger

Reinstalling ePo 4.6 on a new server wishing to use the old remote database

Attila Polinger

Hi all,

in our test environment it became necessary to migrate the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6 server from a Windows 2003 to a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit virtual server.

There is the KB article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616&actp=search&viewlo cale=en_US&searchid=1320668723766 which came in handy for use with this type of migration.

what I have done so far: closely following the Recovery section in the above article I have reinstalled ePO 4.6 on the new server:

- on the same drive and in the same directory as the article states

- copied the extension folders from the old ePO server over those of the new ePO server

- done with each steps in the article up to Step 11 where I fail to succeed.

/Because I'd like to use the same remote database, the backup section of this article does not really apply so I skipped it./

I'm struggling with Step 11, the Application server is started, the other two ePO services are stopped and I think the UAC is also disabled. Yet no key is generated in the ssl.crt folder when I perform the

"Rundll32.exe ahsetup.dll RunDllGenCerts <eposervername> <console HTTPS port> <admin username> <password> <"installdir\Apache2\conf\ssl.crt">" command in a command session window.

The UAC setting is a slider actually and I have set it to "Never notify me" setting (which might not mean UAC is disabled, but I could not find any confirmation or denial in respect of this).

I have just closed a support case as being a Microsoft setting the technician could not really help me with disabling UAC.

I have found that by doing steps 8-11, in my first attempts the ahsetup.log did get created. But now on further attemtps (when I did further reinstalls) it did not even get created (no files at all, no log no keys). Therefore the other two services won't start.

Can someone from higher ground help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

Attila