1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 7:51 AM by rackroyd

Configure the agent to update at a fixed time

Hi all,

First visit here and I have a question, probably kids stuff for a lot of you but i'm new to this.

I have a set of machines that I want to update at a fixed time every day. I was looking in the policy for the agent but all you can set there is the communication interval between the ePO and the agent.

Is there some way that i can tell the agent to update himself with new DATs etc at 9 am?

ePO 4.6

Agent 4.6

AV 8.7

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Configure the agent to update at a fixed time
          rackroyd

That would be done via a client task, not policy (so it can have a schedule).

Please take a look on the McAfee Servie Portal, there is a wide selection of searchable articles and tutorial video recordings that will walk you through the required steps.

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

Also, ePO 4.6 includes a special dashboard to help first-time users set up the basics.

In the ePO console, select the 'Guided Configuration' dashboard like so:

1 In the ePolicy Orchestrator console click Menu | Reporting | Dashboards, then select Guided Configuration from the Dashboard drop-down and click Start.

2 Review the Guided Configuration overview and instructions, then click Start.

rgds,

Rob