4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 1:49 PM by Ex_Brit RSS

McAfee 2012 Upgrade

geektex.net

So I am assuming my McAfee Total Protection got automatically upgraded to 2012. But my question is what improvements were made? I know improvements are not always added features.. but what exactly is different between 2011 and 2012 Total Protection? One thing I did notice was the fact that Parental Controls now allow me to view user activity and I really like that. But besides that what else has improved?

• 1. Re: McAfee 2012 Upgrade
          ozziebear

You may find the review by Seth Rosenblatt of Cnet.com helpful in answering your question. Just go to the download section and find it there. What I found even more interesting were the reviews of McAfee by three independant testing laboratories, included in the article. Doesn't exactly make me want to rush out and renew my subscription.

• 2. Re: McAfee 2012 Upgrade
            Ex_Brit

Except sadly they weren't aware of the fact that they were reviewing the 2011 product in fact.   It is simply relabelled for marketing purposes around this time every year.  Norton and others do the same thing.

• 3. Re: McAfee 2012 Upgrade
              thecreator

Ex_Brit wrote:

Except sadly they weren't aware of the fact that they were reviewing the 2011 product in fact.   It is simply relabelled for marketing purposes around this time every year.  Norton and others do the same thing.

Hi Ex_Brit,

Here we go again.

2011-11-14 McAfee 2012 Now Available.JPG

What happens when Users buy the McAfee Internet Security 2012 and find out after buying version 2012, it is exactly the same at 2011 with all its bugs? People may start asking for their money back.

• 4. Re: McAfee 2012 Upgrade
                Ex_Brit

As you already posted elsewhere and I answered.