2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 1:25 AM by asabban

407 error while trying to reach a foward facing internal server

I have a forward faceing internal server that we cannot reach thru the MWG we get back a cannot connect from McAfee.  When I look at the traffic I see a 407 error.

I'm sure that I have not provided enought information but I need to start somwhere.  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: 407 error while trying to reach a foward facing internal server
          jont717

Internal servers on your network should already be trusted.  They do not need to be put through all the filters of the Web Gateway.  You should have an IP address whitelist in the Global Whitelist that will bypass any of your network subnets which should include this internal server.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 407 error while trying to reach a foward facing internal server
            asabban

Hello,

Jons approach is pretty common. I see many customers not filtering their internal services, because you would usually trust them. In case filtering is required, we need to find out where the 407 is coming from. 407 means authentication is required, so I see two options

- MWG fails to authenticate, which is unlikely if authentication works for other web sites

- MWG receives a 407 from the network, so either the server is sending a 407 because it requires authentication, or some other device.

I would start checking if Jons idea works out. If the traffic needs to bne authenticated and filtered, I would probably check the log files of the remote server, to see whats coming in there and whether it requires authentication or not.

Best,

Andre