3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2011 3:36 PM by exbrit

total protection 2010- upgrade to 2012 for free?

I have a copy of total protection 2010, do i get a free upgrade to 2012 for free?

• 1. Re: total protection 2010- upgrade to 2012 for free?
          exbrit

It depends on your online subscription, if that is paid up or continued in another manner such as though your service provider, then yes.   It all depends on the subscription, as long as that is current, you will have access to the latest version of your software.

If in doubt Customer Service is a free phone call away:

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
          Average contact length: 10  minutes
          Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
          Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/11/11 7:30:56 EDT PM
          • 2. Re: total protection 2010- upgrade to 2012 for free?

My version that i have is a retail version and its still in the box, has never been activated...so can i get the upgrade to 2012? can i just download a trial of 2012 and put in the key from 2010 and be good for a year?

• 3. Re: total protection 2010- upgrade to 2012 for free?
              exbrit

No you could try installing from the CD.  It's been a long time since I did that but I believe it will offer an option to install online and create an account if you don't have one already.  It may or may not work in which case if you have a problem I suggest you enlist the help of online Technical Support, linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.