1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 4:04 AM by Peacekeeper

Assistance & Help required

I downloaded/installed McAfee on 30 Oct 2011 on line and paid 49.99 CAD for the software. However since than and after the installation my computer is out of order/non functional. It cannot be started. Whenever i turn my computer on following appears on the screen.

Windows Error Recovery

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly start up repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during start up choose start windows normally.

(use the arrow keys to highlight your choice)

Launch start up repair(Recommended)

Starts windows normally

When i opt for any nof the above options/choices following appears on the screen.

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem.

1. Insert yours windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language setting and then click next.

3. Click repair your computer.

if yoy do not have this disc(which i do not) contact your system administarator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

My computer model/type is Compaq CQ61-414NR Notebook haning Windows 2007 installed.

Dear all i am badly stucked. Please help me out as i have lot many importnat data/files in computer. Thx

• 1. Re: Assistance & Help required
          Peacekeeper

This is marked as assumed answered ,it is now ok?

Have you tried booting into windows in safe mode to get your data off the disk assuming this not a disk fault.

BTW I have not seen Mcafee do this sorry. See if any1 else can assist if you still need assistance. This appears a windows issue

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/11/11 7:04:00 PM