4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 5:06 PM by mottai

Config File for filters

Hello,

I have to edit  large number of  filters under Profiles in McAfee Analytics Server. Below is a snapshot of few files which i need to edit. Infact change the drive letter " R" to "T". There are several 100's of these filters that needs to be changed. Using the web interface gives me no option to edit the path apart from delete.

Is there a config file where i can change this. ?

Directory

Include

R:\html\users\03\com\

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Directory

Include

Thank you

Mottai

• 1. Re: Config File for filters
          RobertM

You can export the current filter profile as xml. Modify the xml with the correct drive letter and import it back. The details are in Analytics User's Guide.

• 2. Re: Config File for filters

Hi Robert,

I have gone through the doc that explains how to export hosts/ group but not  profiles -filter. There is only import tab under filter. Could you please provide additional info.

Thanks

Mottai

• 3. Re: Config File for filters
              RobertM

My mistake on the legacy product. Export filter profile feature was never implemented.

You need to create the xml file and import into Analytics. There is an example in Analytics Users Guide, XML for importing Filter Profiles section.

Another option is to update Analytics backend database. This is not supported but it can be done if you have DBA assistance. The two tables are S3_FILTER_PROFILE and S3_FILTER_PROFILE_ITEM. You need to obtain S3_FILTER_PROFILE.FILTER_PROFILE_ID for the matching name for filter profile (e.g. SELECT FILTER_PROFILE_ID, NAME FROM SOLIDCOR.S3_FILTER_PROFILE WHERE NAME = "<FILTER_NAME>;). You can update the value in S3_FILTER_PROFILE_ITEM that matches FILTER_PROFILE_ID.

This should be done by DBA. Make sure a table backup is performed prior to any update with Analytics Server Service stopped.

• 4. Re: Config File for filters

Thanks Robert,

Updating the SQL tables as per your instructions fixed it..