3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 1:58 AM by asabban

html opener breaks youtube

Hello,

I have installed a web gateway 7 (current version) using the default settings. The following problem occures:

I have added the 'html filtering' ruleset to filter active-x objects and javascript (without the opener javascript is not removed). But using the 'html opener' breaks youtube (and many other sited containing flash videos). Whenever the 'html opener' is enabled it is no longer possible to view videos (an error occured ...). I think that the 'progress indication' starts whenever the 'html opener' is enabled.

What can I do to use either the opener and to see youtube videos? Do I have to add a criteria to the opener or the 'progress indicator'?

Regards

tkcc

• 1. Re: html opener breaks youtube
          michael_schneider

Hello,

so you want to filter Active-X objects. Flash in general is an Active-X which might be filtered. Can you elaborate on what you exactly have entered and what you are looking to actually block? Can you describe what is 'broken' in youtube and other flash pages?

thanks,

Michael

• 2. Re: html opener breaks youtube

Hello,

we want to filter activex but no flash. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56wGhy6qkk

Flash is comming up and wants to load the video (so the flash is not filtered out). After a few seconds the attempt is stopped with the message "an error occured. Please try again later". I am using the default setting.

Workarround: Disable the HTML Filtering four youtube. But using this workarroud means to insert all known video/audio sites to the list of allowed hosts (which is a lot of work).

Regards

tkcc

• 3. Re: html opener breaks youtube
              asabban

Hello,

instead of manually adding all Video/Audio sites by URL you could use the URL filter categories, such as "Streaming Media" or other multimedia related categories. Doing so you would not need to manually add URLs.

Best,

Andre