It would be help full, if you can give some details about the CD you’re trying to use on second PC.
- Did you had McAfee on your laptop earlier ?
- Are you trying to install McAfee from the CD or from the web site account?
- have you order McAfee CD from web store or you got through local store?
Remove McAfee from control panel and reinstall McAfee from web account, let us know if issue continues. ( KB- TS100507)
1. McAfee had been working fine for some weeks.
2. I can't remember, but I suspect it was the website, but with the CD product key
3. I bought the 3pc CD from a local store.
Basically, I'm not impressed that it doesn't even give me the opion to Activate it again correctly!
Here's what my account says, first this misleading statement:
1784 Days Unprotected
Please be aware that Subscription 1 of your McAfee VirusScan provided via agreement with Phoenix Technologies expired on 13/12/2006. Until you renew this subscription or install another licensed copy, your computer may be vulnerable to Internet threats.
Then the (sensible) expory and usage information:
Total Licenses: 3 (2 in use; 1 available)
Product Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Detailed Information About My Protection Products Expiration Date History Download 03/09/2012 [Renew]
OK, unistalling, then reinstalling a copy downloaded from the "Subscription" link seems to work now.
I'm hoping there won't be another glitch in a month...