3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2011 11:10 AM by Superhoop

EEPC for MAC

Superhoop

Hi All,

Using ePO 4.5.4 with Hotfix 1.

Have checked in EEPC 6.1.2 for windows and using with no issues.

I now need to get EEPC for MAC working on a MacBook Air 4.2  (OSx Lion 10.7.2)  Intel Core i7.

I have checked in the software Endpoint Encryption for Mac OS X 1.0.0 minor version 248. It will not let me check in the policy extension because a newer one already exists Endpoint Encryption Agent for Windows 1.1.2 Minor version 314.

Can I managed the MAC EEPC with the latest extension from the windows EEPC package  ?

Thanks

Superhoop

• 1. Re: EEPC for MAC
          Superhoop

The main reason I say this is because the client is reporting as having it installed but it is inactive.

In the agent log I see...

None of the policies exists for the software Id EEADMIN_1000MACX

None of the policies exists for the software Id EEMAC

• 2. Re: EEPC for MAC

The EPO extensions are the same for both products - so if you already are using the later EEPC one, you can use that to manage Macs.

you just need to check in the EEMAC components.

• 3. Re: EEPC for MAC
              Superhoop

Many thanks for the quick response and that's one less thing to worry about.

My probs are it's still in 'Inactive' and I am not sure if it's ePO or EEPC having the issue.

In ePO it is not showing as having EEPC for MAC installed. The 4 modules are install on the MAC however.

This is what I see in ePO ....

Installed Applications : Application Protection for MAC 1.1.0.652, McAfee Agent 4.5.0.1857, Anti-malware for Mac 9.1.0.4478.

Any reason why it cannot see it ?