3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 10:58 AM by dpoole@mcafee

Credentials fail after upgrade from 6.8 to 7.0.4

epo909

Hi all.

After upgrading MVM from 6.8 to 7.0.4 all scans that run with credential sets started returning errors on the daily logs:

xpto (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): Warning (80070057): Processing for this host stopped: Unexpected exception

xpto (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): Warning (80070057): Processing for this host stopped: The parameter is incorrect.

when checking the eventvwr of the target asset we noticed events of type 'access denied' suggesting the credentials were invalid. We created new credentials sets with simple passwords but still the result its the same. However the same credentials work OK in fsdiag.

I have the the SR open in McAfee open for 3 weeks, and no solution... anyone ever experienced this behavior?

TIA,

RD

• 1. Re: Credentials fail after upgrade from 6.8 to 7.0.4

Hi RD,

is the SR still open?  Send me the SR # and I will have a look...

a quick thing to try is to re-distribute certificates via the FCM...

Thanks!
          Cathy

• 2. Re: Credentials fail after upgrade from 6.8 to 7.0.4

Hi ALL,

I too am having "kind of the same issue". I upgraded my Enterprise (hardware/software from FS1000 to MVM3000). I use a base 3 system config. Now I get invalid credentials.

fsglobal can login, DB access at this point is good. API function good. License good. No errors at all.

I use radius and radius system authenticates on any attempt.

Any ideas... Please!

Dead in the water.

• 3. Re: Credentials fail after upgrade from 6.8 to 7.0.4

Hi again,

All good now.  

1.) SQL Native client wasnt enough... Copied MSSQL_DIR.../90/Tools over to API server

Added PATH settings to system variables, rebooted

NOTE: (bcp tool and appropriate dll's were missing)

2.) Copied Tweaks settings from my Enterprise Server (web front end) to API server

Restart API

NOTE:(strange but necessary. The Enterprise server authenticates users but the API server has to know how... I guess)

All good.

Additional NOTE:  If your using radius to authenticate I had to add my API server into my radius system. Even thought it will not send the auth request it made the difference for me.

Message was edited by: dpoole@mcafee on 11/4/11 10:58:54 AM CDT