9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2011 7:04 AM by parlevjo

ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution

online83

Hi everyone,

is it possible to create a sql query to report the update-status of a Hotfix distribution?

I mean, it is easy to do it for a patch, but I have not found a possibility to report a Hotfix.

So, I would like to have a sql query to be able to report the distribution of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Hotfix 638179

Thanks!

regrads,

• 1. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution
          Trooper

Hi,

try this:

select count(*) as 'count' from [EPOLeafNode] left join [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[LeafNodeID] where ( ( ( [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductMajor] = 8 and [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductMinor] = 7 and [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductRevision] = 0 and [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductBuild] = 570 ) and ( [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[hotfix] = N'638179' ) ) and  ( [EPOLeafNode].[ParentID] IN (SELECT [EndAutoID] FROM [EPOBranchNodeEnum] WHERE [StartAutoID] = N'13' UNION SELECT N'13'))  ) union select count(*) as 'count' from [EPOLeafNode] left join [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[LeafNodeID] where ( ( not ( ( [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductMajor] = 8 and [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductMinor] = 7 and [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductRevision] = 0 and [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[verProductBuild] = 570 ) and ( [EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN].[hotfix] = N'638179' ) ) )  and  ( [EPOLeafNode].[ParentID] IN (SELECT [EndAutoID] FROM [EPOBranchNodeEnum] WHERE [StartAutoID] = N'13' UNION SELECT N'13'))  )

do you have EPO-Server version (4.5)?

if yes , you can import this syntax into your dashboard.

trooper!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution
            online83

Hey Trooper,

that's great. I think this is the correct count of systems.

But unfortunately I do not know how to import the sql query, to show it on the dashboard...

Yes, we use ePO 4.5 Patch 5

regards,

• 3. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution
              Trooper

Hello,

On EPO-Server go to Queries, then select new Query, and follow the pictures that i send yuo:

query1.jpg

query2.jpg

query3.jpg

query4.jpg

at end run your query and save.

I hope this wolud help.

Trooper!

• 4. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution
                online83

Hi Trooper,

that's what I tried before. But it does not work. I only get the result that all client are not compliant.

I also tried to use a "pie chart" (see below) to filter only for "Hotfix/Patch-Version (VSE)" but then I get only the Patch-Versions listed, but not the hotfix...

query_1.jpg

• 5. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution

With the previous fix i had this sql. It is not an optimal query. I intercepted most of the code with sql profiler.

With an distinct in front it worked for me.

SELECT distinct EPOComputerProperties.computerName,  EPOComputerProperties.systemDescription,  EPOLeafNode.ParentID AS groupID,  EPOProductFamilies.FamilyDispName AS fmDispName,  EPOSoftware.SoftwareName AS swSoftwareName,  EPOProductProperties.ProductCode, 51, EPOProductSettings.*

FROM EPOProductProperties 

LEFT JOIN EPOLeafNode ON EPOLeafNode.AutoID=EPOProductProperties.ParentID 

LEFT JOIN EPOComputerProperties ON EPOComputerProperties.ParentID=EPOLeafNode.AutoID 

LEFT JOIN EPOProductFamilies ON EPOProductFamilies.ProductCode=EPOProductProperties.ProductCode 

LEFT JOIN EPOSoftware ON EPOSoftware.ProductCode=EPOProductProperties.ProductCode 

LEFT JOIN EPOProductSettings ON EPOProductProperties.AutoID=EPOProductSettings.ParentID

WHERE settingname='fixes'

order by computername

I only had one fix so far.

With one fixed i used this to see which system where not updated yet.

SELECT distinct EPOComputerProperties.computerName,  EPOComputerProperties.systemDescription,  EPOLeafNode.ParentID AS groupID,  EPOProductFamilies.FamilyDispName AS fmDispName,  EPOSoftware.SoftwareName AS swSoftwareName,  EPOProductProperties.ProductCode, 51, EPOProductSettings.*

LEFT JOIN EPOComputerProperties ON EPOComputerProperties.ParentID=EPOLeafNode.AutoID 

LEFT JOIN EPOProductFamilies ON EPOProductFamilies.ProductCode=EPOProductProperties.ProductCode 

LEFT JOIN EPOSoftware ON EPOSoftware.ProductCode=EPOProductProperties.ProductCode 

LEFT JOIN EPOProductSettings ON EPOProductProperties.AutoID=EPOProductSettings.ParentID

and value <> '643440' order by computername

• 6. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution

With 2 hotxfixes it is almost the same query. Only difference is ==> and value <> '638179,643440'

and value <> '638179,643440' order by computername

• 7. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution
                      online83

Thanks a lot!

The query works for me.

• 8. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution

You can also add a where clause to see only the systems contacted since a certain days, eg: and lastupdate > dateadd(day,-7,getdate())

SELECT distinct EPOComputerProperties.computerName,  EPOLeafNode.lastupdate,  EPOComputerProperties.systemDescription,  EPOLeafNode.ParentID AS groupID,  EPOProductFamilies.FamilyDispName AS fmDispName,  EPOSoftware.SoftwareName AS swSoftwareName,  EPOProductProperties.ProductCode, 51, EPOProductSettings.*

and value <> '638179,643440'

and lastupdate > dateadd(day,-7,getdate())

order by value,lastupdate desc

• 9. Re: ePO SQL query to see updatestatus of Hotfix distribution

Another query with Last Communication date (modifiedpropsdate) used instead of lastupdate.

SELECT distinct EPOComputerProperties.computerName, EPOComputerProperties.username,

convert(char(20),EPOLeafNode.lastupdate,120) as lastupdate,

substring(EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate,1,4)+'-'+

substring(EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate,5,2)+'-'+

substring(EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate,7,2)+' '+

substring(EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate,9,2)+':'+

substring(EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate,11,2)+':'+

substring(EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate,13,2) as ModifiedPropsDate,

EPOComputerProperties.systemDescription,  EPOLeafNode.ParentID AS groupID,  EPOProductFamilies.FamilyDispName AS fmDispName,  EPOSoftware.SoftwareName AS swSoftwareName,  EPOProductProperties.ProductCode, 51, EPOProductSettings.*

and EPOProductSettings.value <> '638179,643440'

--and EPOComputerProperties.lastupdate > dateadd(day,-21,getdate())

and EPOLeafNode.ModifiedPropsDate > replace(replace(replace(convert(char(19),dateadd(day,-21,getdate()),120),'-','' ),' ',''),':','')

--and EPOComputerProperties.computername='xxxxxxxx'

order by EPOProductSettings.value,convert(char(20),EPOLeafNode.lastupdate,120) desc