2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2011 12:52 PM by kavee

how many Profiler P-1000 use? if i have 18 Enterprise firewalls

hi all,

how many Profiler P 1000 appliance should be used, if i have Enterprise Firewall S1104 18 units connect to Centralized Profiler appliance.

in datasheet of profiler, it said that 1 profiler can handle only 5 firewalls!!?

and how many space of HDD on reporter server to keep log from S1104 18 unit.

thank you in advance.

Vee

• 1. Re: how many Profiler P-1000 use? if i have 18 Enterprise firewalls

Vee,

The scalability of a Profiler Appliance (P1000) is really based on the number of concurrent connections going through your firewalls. Because Profiler does a lot of trending, analytics and session analysis the number of concurrent connections are really the bottle neck.

A few notes:

• A P1000 can support 6 million concurrent connections - so if your 18 units have fewer than this number of session a single appliance could support it.
          • If the number goes above 6 million the Profiler will still run, but will start sampling the data.
          • There are no physical or code limitations to the number of firewalls
          • Virtual Profiler is also available as an option - as a Firewall customer you can download and use the virtual profiler if you need additional performance vs. the appliance.

I hope that helps!

Dave

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how many Profiler P-1000 use? if i have 18 Enterprise firewalls

Hi Dgold,

Thx for above info, do you have any link or document support that info? could you share me?