9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2011 11:31 PM by Pritish

Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

Hi,

I'm getting frequent script errors that indicate that an errror has occured on Line:  434, Char:  35 because "The value of the property 'Start' is null or undefined, not a Function object", with Code: 0.

The url triggering the error is reported as:

http://vs.mcafeeasap.com/MC/VS521/InstallCore.aspx?I=1&CCFS=&CIB=0&Mode=SkipUpda te&ClientVer=&LECTS=20111016183431&CFWC=0&CVSC=0&SupportedLangs=7FFFF&

I'm also asked if I want to continue running scripts on this page.  Doesn't matter if I say yes or no, sometime later the error message will pop up again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

Hi,

From your post I understand that, getting script errors when you try to install the McAfee.

Please let me know the following details in order to help you with this issue further.

1. OS Version

2. Browser Version

Regards
          Geetha P

• 2. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

Hi Geetha,

My OS Version is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1 and all updates applied.

Browser is MS IE 9 version 9.0.8112.16421 with update version 9.0.3.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided. In order to fix this script error while installing the McAfee, please try the following steps :

1. Downgrade the Internet Explorer version from IE9 to IE8.

2. Remove the McAfee traces completely using the below mentioned removal tool.

http://vs.mcafeeasap.com/MC/enu/vs40/bin/mvsuninst.exe

3. Then try installing the McAfee through the Silent Installation Method

Please try the above mentioned steps and let me know the status of the installation.

Regards
              Geetha P

• 4. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

To be clear, McAfee SAAS is already installed and appears to be running just fine - except for this error that pops up.

I'd prefer not to uninstall IE 9 and downgrade to IE 8.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• 5. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

Hi,

Please let me know, are you getting this script error during the McAfee Updates? Or please let me know when you exactly getting this error, so that i can give you better suggestions.

Regards

Geetha P

• 6. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

It appears so.

If I right click on the McAfee icon in the system tray and choose update now, the update dialog window pops up, followed shortly by the script error window.

The update does not complete, or at least I cancelled it after waiting several minutes.  When I do cancel it, I thin receive another script error window that occurs on Line:  766, Char:  2, with error:  'gInstallState' is undefined, and with code:  0

Thanks,

• 7. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link
                      Pritish

Hi Husky-71,

I understand from your posts that you do not want to remove the Internet Explorer version 9 and downgrade to version 8.

In this case you need to uninstall the McAfee software that is installed on your computer and download the new version 5.2.3. This new version is compatible with IE 9.0 and you will not have issues of Script error when you are trying to update.

To resolve the issue that you are facing you need to completely uninstall  the McAfee software from the computer and then install the software again from your online security center. Please follow the steps below to do so

1. Open the page www.mcafeesaas.com, click on login on the top right and sign in with your login details

2. Click on the tab utilities on the top and select “Migration and Optimization” and click on download under the Cleanup utilities and run the tool on the computer

3. Delete all the entries from start->Run->temp and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)

4.  Delete all the entries from start->Run->%temp% and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)

5. Reboot the computer.

After you have done all the above steps, please proceed with the below steps for the installation.

1. Log in to the online security center from the page www.mcafeesaas.com and selecting “Customer Login” on the top
                      2. Select “Utilities” tab on the top
                      3. Click on “Install” and select the URL installation
                      4. Select install protection onto new computers (not yet managed by Security Center)
                      5. Download and save the Topsbdm file to your desktop
                      6. Run the file to install the product.
                      7. After you have installed, restart the computer and run a manual update.

Please reply if  the above steps does not resolve the issue that you are facing.

Regards

Pritish P.

Message was edited by: Pritish on 10/31/11 2:38:52 AM CDT
                      • 8. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link

Thank you Pritish,

I have followed the steps in your email and removed and reinstalled the McAfee application.

I then attempted a manual update and it completed successfully without reporting the script error.  I will continue to monitor the computer for script errors for the next few days and if none occur, we'll call it fixed.

Regards,

• 9. Re: Getting script errors on apparent McAffee link
                          Pritish

Hi Husky-71,

We are really happy to know that you were able to successfully update the McAfee software without any Script errors. Please continue to monitor the working of the McAfee software and update us if you face any further issues.

We will be more than happy to help you with any issues regarding the McAfee software.

Regards

Pritish P.