5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 4:58 AM by Peter M

news files executables permanent

miguelgrado

last few days I have two new executable files are always active ( McSmtFwk.exe and mcUICnt.exe). both were always but I have always seven permanent.now active processes mcafee Does this happen after some recent update?

• 1. Re: news files executables permanent
          Peter M

I can only tell you what Google finds:

McSmtFwk.exe is part of McAfee SecurityCenter developed by McAfee, Inc.. This task protect your system against viruses, Trojan horses and other threats

We never get to know the intricacies of the actual processes. Technical Support Chat, linked in Useful Links at the top of this page might give you more information. 

mcUICnt.exe I can't find a proper explanation but as UI stands for User Interface I would imagine that it's something to with whatever is displayed on the desktop when you call up SecurityCenter.

You might want to check that you didn't inadvertently install 'McAfee Security Scan Plus' the last time you updated an Adobe product, Flash, Shockwave or Reader for example, as it is an optional download with those products.

If you did it will be listed in your Program list and can be uninstalled in the normal manner.

When posting  a question it helps to give us the version numbers of your installed products along with your operating system and service pack details.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/10/11 5:21:05 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: news files executables permanent
            miguelgrado

I do not have security scan plus installaded.that files they are in the folder of installation of mcafee internet security always

• 3. Re: news files executables permanent
              Peter M

Well as I said, we don't know the intricacies of the internal workings.  Are they causing you trouble?   If so run the McAfee Virtual Technician and if it continues to be a nuisance Technical Support offers free Telephone or Online Chat support.

All I can say is I don't have them currently showing in my Task Manager but things vary according to what components one has installed.

• 4. Re: news files executables permanent
                miguelgrado

they do not cause problems.all work ok..this processes appear in the firewall as allowed and belong to mcafee.thank you

• 5. Re: news files executables permanent
                  Peter M

Maybe someone from support will spot this thread and be able to explain what they are, sorry I could not. ;-)